Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Weekend Waterway Adventure

In an attempt to get in some extra miles and escape the heat, I decided to piece together a route to my sister's house on a Gig Harbor lake. I didn't get the miles I wanted, did manage to beat the Saturday heat on my bike and enjoy it from a lake floaty, but hit the heat like a wall on my way back home Sunday. All together, my journey along the Puget Sound waterways by bike & ferry was quite an adventure, particularly when Tammie sent the following color commentary to her emailed directions part-way into my journey south:
"You will pass the place where the guy got attacked by the bear on his bike, Banner Park on your right, you will see a parking lot where cars park and walkers walk in. Just look, no stopping."
Uh...no problem, Tam!
View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

No comments: