Sunday, May 25, 2008

Spectacular!

Can't think of a better word to describe yesterday's ride. During the height of training, Friday doesn't arrive without a weekend ride plan, usually determined by the Puget Sound Riders' training schedule emailed by our Fearless Leader and my Breakthrough Rider teammate, Jon.

Jon had planned a Sunday ride along the Seven Hills of Kirkland route with most folks opting for the 11 hill option. Take note of my May 18 entry. True, hills are not my friend & although I should train on them, the threat of rain and my Sunday schedule made it easy to chose a different plan.

The family was gathering at Dad's house on Bainbridge Island to celebrate birthdays. Convinced I could piece together a familiar route, I decided to pedal there. The route was completely flat and not nearly long enough but what fabulous views! It was simply a GREAT bike ride and quite an indulgence on my part.



Enjoy my photo tour from Woodinville's Wilmot Gateway Park entrance to the Sammamish River Trail, connecting to the Burke-Gilman Trail through the Univ. of Washington campus to Gas Works Park. Then across the Fremont drawbridge and through Seattle Pacific Univ. campus to pick up the Terminal 91 bike path connector over the railyards, through Myrtle Edwards Park and along the waterfront to the ferry terminal.


It's a quick half-mile uphill to Dad's to enjoy the rest of the sunny afternoon with friends & family, including my husband who brought the car to take me home!
Happy Birthday, Tammie!

View Interactive Map on MapMyRide.com

No comments: